Sunday, March 10, 2013

Dognition Redux

Curiosity got the best of me and I signed up for a year of Dognition fun.  Part of that entailed me having to retest my dogs, as they had done some adjusting to their testing process based upon the results of the earlier beta test results of my dogs and many others.  While I wasn't exactly thrilled about redoing what had been an approximately 2 hour per dog process, I was willing to give it a go.

This time my formerly labled "Einstein" dog, Ranger, tested to be a "Socialite" and my formerly labled "Protodog", Sue, tested to be a "Renaissance Dog".  These profiles fit more in line with my preconceived notions about my guys, but I wonder if our earlier testing influenced our new results.

The dogs, and I were both a little more relaxed about the whole process this time around.  I remember that the first time we tested Ranger exhibited some stress indicating behaviors, because we were doing something new, and he does tend to worry a bit in uncharted waters.

In any case I'm looking forward to getting training games based upon our test results each month.

No comments: